On today’s episode I wanted to talk about something that is tricky for many people and can be subjective – landscape design. My expert guest is Glen Hampton, and he is a phenomenal landscape designer with over 40 years’ experience.
The advice, strategies, and tips that Glen shares in this episode is guaranteed to take the mystery out of the design and conceptual stage of your next project. When hiring a landscape designer, it’s important to find someone who will be real with you and not just tell you what you want to hear, and Glen is a great example of a professional who does just that!
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- Glen’s beginnings in the landscape design industry, and what he says it was like to start his own firm [0:46]
- What to consider when choosing a good landscape designer [5:18]
- A common client misconception that Glen sees often [7:36]
- How to determine if your project will need a designer or not [9:40]
- Why hiring a landscape designer will most likely save you on construction costs [10:52]
- What Glen’s design process looks like, and the main reason that revisions are required during most jobs [13:50]
- His best tip for spotting a scam when hiring a landscape designer [19:10]
Ideas Worth Sharing:“It’s not always a question of not having the money, but it’s a question of how much can the person afford to spend, or how much does he or she really want to spend on this project?” - Glen Hampton Click To Tweet “People have to be aware that design has a certain flow. There’s a rhythm and repetition, and all those factors go into it.” - Glen Hampton Click To Tweet “Nobody is just looking to get a piece of paper with drawings on it. The main reason for having a designer is so that you don’t make mistakes, and so you can work with somebody who steers you in the right direction.” - Glen Hampton Click To Tweet “Your reputation is everything, and that’s the key. So, if you go around scamming people, it’s going to catch up with you.” - Glen Hampton Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Glen Hampton: LinkedIn
Share The Love:
If you like The Confident Homeowner…