How do you select the right materials for your fence? If you are to put a fence up in front of your house, are there any specific rules you need to follow? We will be answering these questions and more as JC Wilcox of Western Fence Incorporated joins the show to share everything you need to know regarding fencing.
Listen in as JC explains the different material options for a driveway gate and elaborates on what to be aware of if you decide to get one. You will learn what makes a good fence contractor, what factors to consider before contacting a fencing business, and common missteps around fencing.
Listen To The Episode:
What You’ll Learn:
- How JC got involved in the fencing business. [1:15]
- The most common fencing areas. [3:45]
- How fencing has changed over the years. [7:35]
- Why you should hire a fence specialist, not someone who has this service as an add-on. [9:40]
- How to hire the right contractor for your home. [12:13]
- What to know about choosing wood vs. vinyl. [17:30]
- How to protect yourself against a damaged fence. [20:40]
- How to ensure you’re getting a good fence or gate. [22:50]
- What you need to know if you’re interested in a modern-looking fence. [24:45]
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Painting or not painting and how secure you think you need to be—those are the factors you need to consider.” - JC Wilcox Click To Tweet “Fences are a tough job… You definitely need to hire a fence guy.” - JC Wilcox Click To Tweet “You have to read the paperwork.” - JC Wilcox Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like The Confident Homeowner…
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or by RSS!